The Florida Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects announces its 2017 Exceptional Emerging Professional Award Program established to recognize landscape architects who represent the highest standard of excellence and are in the early stages of their professional lives.
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
Name of Award: Florida Chapter ASLA- Exceptional Emerging Professional Award
- Annually, may be awarded to one landscape architect who represents the highest standard of excellence and is in the early stage of their professional life.
- Eligibility: 35 years of age or less on February 1, 2017. Florida ASLA student, associate, or full member.
- Nomination Process: At any time, any Florida ASLA Fellow, Past President, Section Chair, Committee Chair, Chapter Executive Committee member, or Chapter Officer may nominate an eligible member. Eligible nominees will be invited and guided by the Fellows Committee to begin the award submission process.
To nominate an Exceptional Emerging Professional, please send a nomination email to ExceptionalFLASLA@flasla.org.
- Nomination Submission Requirements:
- Nominees must select a category; Works, Knowledge, Service, or Leadership (same as ASLA Council of Fellows).
- Nominees prepare and submit maximum two page submission with two testimonials using same template as ASLA Council of Fellows.
- Though it is understood that the nominees do not have long records, eligible nominees must be able to show an increasingly exceptional record over the duration of their emerging career.
- Nominees should document how their work is making exceptional positive impact on the public and the profession.
- At least one testimonial must be from a Florida ASLA Fellow.
- Signed by the nominee and due electronically (PDF) to ExceptionalFLASLA@flasla.org by February 1, 2017.
- Eligible nominations will be forwarded to the Jury.
- Three Florida Fellows recommended by the Florida Fellows Committee Chair, and appointed by the Florida Chapter President.
- Under no circumstances may members of the jury be contacted regarding nominations.
- Jury convenes by phone following individual review of all eligible nomination submissions.
- Jury selects one recipient
- July 1 – February 1. Nomination submissions accepted. Award opportunity and instructions are promoted by Florida Chapter (big push during annual conference).
- February 1 – NOMINATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE.
- March 15 (on or about) – Jury completes individual submission reviews and convenes by phone to select the year’s recipient.
- March 30 (on or about) – By phone, with follow up letter, Chapter President notifies Award recipient.
- March 30 (on or about) – By email, Fellows chair notifies nominees who were not elected, and advises them that they may resubmit in following years, if they remain eligible.
- A $250 travel stipend, up to three nights complementary hotel room, and complementary registration to FLASLA Annual Conference & Expo with “Exceptional” badge ribbon.
- At the FLASLA Annual Conference & Expo:
- Recipient is recognized ceremoniously.
- Recipient invited to breakfast with past presidents and fellows.
- Framed certificate is presented with embossed Chapter Seal and signature of Chapter President.
- The Jury may recommend that recipient be invited by the Chapter to present a course.
- Statewide and National distribution of press release announcing the recipient of the award.
- Recipient featured in Chapter news and website, and used by Chapter as recruitment material.
- Administration: Annually, with oversight of the Florida Chapter Executive Committee, administration of the award will be the responsibility of the Chapter Fellows Committee.
Please direct questions and suggestions to ExceptionalFLASLA@flasla.org.
Florida Chapter ASLA Fellows Committee - 2016: Kevin Cavaioli, Paul Kissinger, Rick Contant, Phil Graham, Jeff Caster
Florida Fellows - Exceptional Emerging Professional Award - Established by the Florida Chapter ASLA Executive Committee March 23, 2016